Hitting The Reset Button
New Year, New Me.
The past five years have been an interesting journey. For those that don't know, let me run a synopsis for you:
- 2017, I died. Full Vtach episode in the street. Due to some heroic first responders, I got resuscitated and the next day had a device implanted to prevent me from pulling that stunt again.
- Along with becoming a cyborg, my career as a competitive lifter was ended and I had to close my gym that I had operated for 13 years. Trigger major identity crisis, existentialistic depressive spiral, and general state of confusion for my whole life.
- 2019 brought on another episode and set off the device while working out. Que heart surgery number two, catheter ablation number one.
- 2020, repeat of 2019 and catheter ablation number two on March 5. Return to work on March 11, have minor set back, return again to work on March 16. On March 18, New Mexico goes into Covid Lockdown. Scratch the remainder of 2020.
- 2021, first half was just a hangover from 2020. Second half trying to restart life as a whole.
- 2022, Reset number one. I start broadening my teaching and my training to include yoga, qigong, and rebuild my identity.
- March 2022, Return of Afib and in June, catheter ablation number three. Start rehabilitation and redefining life as a whole.
- December 2022, Hit The RESET Button Again.
- January 2023, Restart the Dadbod Restomod Project
The Overall Goal
The goal is very simply put and as cliché as everything else about this: I want to be the best version of myself.
What exactly does that mean?
Why are you telling me?
- Yin-Yang Yoga: Three to Five classes a week (online on my Gumroad page and Patreon)
- Qigong: Daily Practice and teaching Three to Five classes a week (Gumroad/Patreon)
- HIIT/Cardio Kick: Three to Five classes a week (Gumroad/Patreon)
- Basic Weights: 4-7 Sessions a week
- Circular Strength: 3 Sessions a week
- Cardio (if I have to...) 3 sessions a week